Finally finished my first homemade knife, a direct clone of the Grohmann #3 jump knife as requested by my oldest son. The blade is 80CrV2, profiled from 3.2mm bar-stock and heat-treated to 60 HRC for me by Rob at knifemaker.ca. The scales are curly birch with thin layers of maple and copper for spacers, peened copper pins, copper lanyard tube, and finished with tung oil. I've learned quite a few lessons from this project, particularly about the virtues of patience and simplicity (next time I'm just going to stick to a single spacer material for a sharp contrast instead of the blurred-effect I got from the maple and copper). I've also learned that I want to invest in some proper tools if I'm going to keep doing this Fit and finish is going to be a learning curve for sure, but I've already got a few ideas for how to avoid some mistakes on my next one.